Well, I always feel guilty about letting Jake watch a lot of tv, but now I know that he is actually learning something. Tonight in the bathtub, when I started to let the water out he stopped what he was doing and put his hand to his ear and said, "Ting". And only because I watch most of the shows with him, I know that this means "listen" in Japanese. I think it's Japanese, either that or Chinese. But anyway, at least I know that he is learning from watching these tv shows. I just hope he is learning English words as well. He is able to identify several letters of the alphabet now though: T, L, B, A, O, I, D, P, E, M, W. I think this is pretty good for for almost 2 years old.
Don't feel bad..mine watch tv all the time. I love it when they actually pick up on the songs and sing them. It's too cute!
ReplyDelete